ATTENTION GOLD COAST PARENTS: WANT YOUR KIDS TO EAT HEALTHY?
Come along to the Mad Food Science™ Family Events with Bel Smith of The Root Cause, in her last Gold Coast appearance on their National Tour!
SESSION 1 – Family Event (1:00pm – 2:30pm)
The Mad Food Science™ Family Event is an interactive, fun workshop for families, that uses quirky experiments to teach children about eating real food, not packets.
Your children will learn:
– to take responsibility for what they put in their mouth
– to taste food with their tongue, not with their eyes
– why their body needs a rainbow of fruit and vegetables
– how to read food packets, and why real food is so much better
You will learn:
– how food can affect your child’s concentration and behaviour
– how to start positive conversations about healthy food at home
– to make better choices together – at home, and in lunchboxes
Every child will take away a special handout with notes about the session, and three Mad Food Science™ Experiments to do at home. (Handouts generously supplied by our National Partners Worldwide Printing Solutions.)
NOTE: This session is best suited to children 5 and over. Toddlers and babies are just that *bit* too young for the material and will get fidgety.
SESSION 2 – Parent Event (3:00pm – 4:30pm)
The Mad Food Science™ Parent Event is a practical, info-packed session for parents, designed to give you simple tips that cut through the confusion on healthy eating, and will help you take simple actions to improve how you feed your family.
After this event, you will understand:
– How to deal with fussy eaters
– What to do if you’re short on time
– About additives and preservatives
– How to understand food labels
– Why lunchbox food is so important
– What to pack in a healthy lunchbox
– How to ensure your kids LOVE their lunch
– How to overcome lunchbox stress
NOTE: This workshop is best suited to parents only. Babies up to 12 months are OK, but toddlers and above get B.O.R.E.D quickly and will distract your attention. 😉
DETAILS & TICKETS:
Saturday 12th August, 2017.
Session 1 – Family from 1:00pm to 2:30pm
Session 2 – Parents from 3:00pm to 4:30pm
Robina State School Hall
1-13 Killarney Ave, Robina QLD 4226
– 1pm Session – Family (2A+2C, 1A+3C*) – $44 (*Same immediate family ONLY)
– 1pm Session – Single Adult / Single Child / Extra Child – $14
– 3pm Session – Single Adult – $22
For more info, contact Israel on 0413 708 432 or email@example.com
About Bel Smith
Bel Smith – a regular on Ch 7 Sunrise, and dubbed the ‘Lunchbox Vigilante’ – is a Health Coach, a Jamie Oliver Food Revolution Ambassador, and a mum on a mission to Transform Children’s Health in Australia, One Lunchbox at a Time.