The Robina Parent Network is a collective of parents from Robina State School, that want to get connected, stay informed, be involved and give back to the school community.
It is the go-to group of parents when we have a question about homework or upcoming events. It’s the tribe of volunteers that help out at events. It’s the place our school community turns when they need support or assistance in the classroom. They are the “community” the school leadership turns to for parent feedback and input on future school direction.
Any current Robina State School parent or carer can join the RPN
By registering as a parent rep, you are nominating to:
- Be an upstanding member of our parent community, providing support and answering questions from other parents when needed
- Be involved in the online closed Facebook group for discussion around upcoming events, relevant school information and parent network information/notices (once you have registered you will be invited to join the closed FB group)
- Volunteer at least once throughout the year, whether for an event, fundraiser or in the tuckshop, classroom or library
- Receive invitations to be involved in teaching & learning updates and requests for classroom support from teaching staff (e.g. changing readers or collecting materials, etc)
- Be an active member of our parent community, connect with other Robina parents and be a great role model for our students
- OPTIONAL: Have your details (name, email & phone) published as a “parent contact” on the P&C website for other parents to call on for support and answers to questions
Want to contribute even more? Why not become a Year Level Rep
Each year we will be looking for Parent Reps to volunteer as a YEAR LEVEL REP – one for each year level, and one MPR (Music Parent Rep).
The role of the Year Level Reps will include everything above, PLUS be responsible for coordinating with the parents from their year level to nominate and coordinate ONE fundraising event in the year.
For example, the Year 2 parents might decide to run the Mother’s Day stall – so it’s up to the Year 2 YLR to order the stock, organise the volunteers and ensure the event is a success.
Each year level will choose and be responsible for just one fundraiser per year, and we hope that as each event happens, many parents from the relevant year level get involved and make it a huge success.
Interested in becoming a Year Level Rep? Be sure to select “YES” for Year Level Rep on the registration form.